Tomorrow (Wednesday, June 27th) marks the 6th Manistique Farmers’ Market of 2012, and the beginning of our extended market hours of 4-6pm. We will be open every Wednesday through October 31st at the Little Bear West Arena in Manistique, including the 4th of July!
Remember, every Wednesday through August 29th, Music in Manistique will follow the market at 7pm in the band shell behind the arena. Tomorrow’s band will be the Jef Nelson Trio, and next week the Floyd Brothers of Manistique will provide music to celebrate the nation’s 236th birthday.
Fresh local foods expected at this week’s market include:
- Fresh UP produce: carrots, broccoli, garlic scapes, lettuces, spinach, beets, rhubarb, strawberries, onions, radishes, kidney beans, wheatberries, herbs, and more!
- Fresh UP honey and beeswax products
- Fresh ground wheat and oat flours, and corn meal
- Variety of jams, baked goods, dried pastas, and granola – all locally produced!
- Beef, beef sticks and free range eggs from happy UP chickens